AUSCHWITZ-BIRKENAU

Permanent Exhibition

The exhibition opened in 1955 remains one of the main elements in visits to the site, along with areas featuring original or partly reconstructed objects. Aside from documentary photographs, photocopies of documents, models, and sculptures, it also used historical exhibits including prisoner garments, bunks and other furnishings from prisoner rooms, and items seized from Jewish deportees. It is located in blocks 4, 5, 6, 7, and 11 at the Auschwitz main camp site.