On 27 January, 2020, at the former German Nazi concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz-Birkenau an event will be held in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the camp.
On the 27th of January the Museum will be closed to the visitors.
1. The 75th anniversary event starts at 15:30 on the premises of the former Birkenau camp.
2. Persons with invitation are requested to leave their cars at the car park of the former PKS base located at Więźniów Oświęcimia 55 Street (former bus depot). You shall be transferred to the event venue by buses provided by the Organizer.
3. Access by private car or on foot to the site of the event is impossible.
4. Buses transferring the guest from the car park to the main tent of the commemoration event will running between 11.30 am and 2 pm (the last bus). After 2 pm it will not be possible to get to the commemoration event.
5. All guest will be subjected to a security check.
6. All guests should have their IDs with them
7. We suggest arrival at the car park no later that 1 pm.
8. After the event, all guests shall be transported back from the former Birkenau camp to the car park at Więźniów Oświęcimia 55 Street.
9. Due to organizational liminations there will be no possiblity of placing candles or lying wreaths by the guests other than official delegations during the main programme
SPECTATORS (persons without invitations)
1. Private individuals and organized groups without invitations, who wish to participate in the event, will only be able to enter the BI sector of the former Birkenau camp. The event will be broadcast on a big screen.
2. Persons without invitations are requested to leave their cars at the car park of the former PKS base located at Więźniów Oświęcimia 55 Street (former bus depot). You shall be transferred to the public sector by buses provided by the Organizer.
3. All guest will be subjected to a security check.
4. All guests should have their IDs with them
5. The Organizer will provide buses that will transfer all guests to the public sector at the former Birkenau camp. Access by private car or on foot to the sector is impossible.
6. Buses transferring the guests to the public sector will run between 2.30 - 4 pm. During the commemoration event there will be a possibiity to leave the sector, however return will not be possible.
7. After the end of the commemoration event buses will be tranferring the guests back from the public sector back to the car park at Więźniów Oświęcimia Street.
4. Upon the conclusion of the official part of the event, persons in sector BI may approach the monument and pay tribute to the victims. After the event, there will be a possibility of a transfer back from the former Birkenau camp to the car park at Więźniów Oświęcimia 55 Street.
8. After the official commemoration event is over, all guests at the public sector will be able to walk to the monument at the former Birkenau camp to pay tribute to the Victims.
1. All information on the participation of journalists in the event may be found HERE.
1. When planning your arrival time, please take into account the need to pass through the security check and numerous traffic problems during the trip.
2. Due to the large number of invited guests, groups and persons wishing to participate in the celebration are warned of possible communication difficulties at the end of the event.