International conference "Remembrance has not matured in us yet…"
The International Center for Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum will hold an expert conference on education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust "Remembrance has not matured in us yet..." from 26-29 October 2015.
The aim of the conference is to bring together survivors and experts: representatives of memorial sites, NGOs and other institutions involved in teaching about the Holocaust and organizing student visits to memorial sites.
The conference will address several topics:
• Is witness testimony still valid?
• What oral and material evidence means for us now?
• Is it only a historical account or may it be understood as a challenge of relevance to the problems of contemporary world?
• How to reach the young generations with this message when the witnesses pass away?
• What are new methods of work with youth at school and a memorial site?
The conference agenda will include panel discussions, workshops and presentations of the results of recent studies and examples of best practices. Debates will be held at various places within the Auschwitz Memorial Site. The language of the conference is English.
Registration for the conference has ended.