The first sub-camp of Auschwitz, established in early July 1940. About 30 prisoners were taken there and tasked with dismantling the fence of an abandoned prisoner-of-war camp and winding the recovered barbed wire onto a spool. Next, this wire was used to build the first line of fence at the camp. At the conclusion of this work in August, the sub-camp was liquidated and the prisoners sent back to Auschwitz. SS-Oberscharführer Franz Hössler was the director.