A new perspective for education at the Memorial. Adaptation work has been completed at the new seat of the Education Center.
“Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust at Authentic Memorial Sites...” - post-conference publication
The ICEAH Council
The Council of the International Center for Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust was established on March 8, 2016. The nominations to the international group of experts was presented at the first meeting of the new Council by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Culture and National Heritage of Poland Prof. Piotr Gliński.
Members of the Council:
• Dr. Vojtěch Blodig, Deputy Director of the Terezín Memorial
• Dr. Wolf Kaiser, former Director of the Wannsee Conference in Berlin
• Prof. Danuta Konieczka-Śliwińska, Deputy Director of the History Teaching Institute of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
• Prof. Marek Kucia of the Jagiellonian University in Cracow
• Olivier Lalieu from Memorial de la Shoah in Paris
• Dr. Piotr Paziński, writer, editor-in-Chief of the monthly "Midrash",
• Karen Pollock, Director of the Holocaust Educational Trust
• Dr. Irina Shcherbakova of the Memorial Society in Moscow
• Jacek Stawiski, head of the editorial board of the World in the television channel TVN24 Biznes i Świat (Business and the World)
• Prof. Dariusz Stola, Director of the POLIN Museum and member of the International Auschwitz Council