Gold ring found under a double bottom after more than 70 yearsThe Auschwitz Museum staff found a mug with a double bottom and a jewellery hidden inside in one of dozens of thousands of enamelled kitchenware looted by the Germans from people deported to Auschwitz-Birkenau. more
Prof. Piotr Gliński handed out nominations to members of the Council of the ICEAHThe International Center for Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust has a new Council. The nominations to the international group of experts was presented by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Culture and National Heritage of Poland Prof. Piotr Gliński. more
There were no “Polish death camps”. There is a simple tool, to prevent this mistake from recurringA special application “Remember” is to help avoid the use of the term “Polish concentration camps” or “Polish death camps” in 16 languages. The program searches for a false phrase, underlines it and suggests the appropriate wording. more
"The journey of life has not finished yet." 71st anniversary of the liberation of AuschwitzOn January 27th, over 80 former Auschwitz prisoners gathered on the premises of the former Birkenau camp in order to commemorate the 71st anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi German concentration and extermination camp. “Returns” constituted the m more
The Auschwitz Memorial in Virtual Panoramic ImagesThe new virtual tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial includes over 200 high-quality panoramic photographs. The images present the site of the former camp, historical descriptions, witness accounts, archival documents and photographs, artworks and objects related to the history of the camp. more
- It looked like a different planet. An exhibition about the deportations from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz.
- Portrait from the Eintrachthütte subcamp in the Collections of the Museum
- Educational session and contest on 75th anniversary of displacement of civilian Poles related with expansion of KL Auschwitz
- Recruitment for the first edition of the International Summer Academy for Graduates
- Escapes from KL Auschwitz - new online lesson
- Response to the huge interest. About the history of Auschwitz in Russia
- Let us give young people a chance to learn. Auschwitz Memorial Report 2015
- Resistance movement in KL Auschwitz. New online lesson.
- Over 1.72 million visitors at the Auschwitz Memorial in 2015
- Memorial available for the deaf