Chancellor of Germany and Prime Minister of Poland at the Memorial for 10th anniversary of the Auschwitz-Birkenau FoundationThe fact that German support for the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation celebrating the 10th anniversary of its creation doubled from 60 to 120 million euros was announced at the Auschwitz Memorial by Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany. more
27 January: It is difficult to be anywhere else on this dayKing of Spain, King and Queen of the Netherlands, presidents of Germany, Israel, Poland and Switzerland and prime minister of Greece are the first confirmed heads of state delegations who will take part in the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz on January 27, 2020. more
January 27: the world will honor the Victims together with Survivors120 Auschwitz and Holocaust Survivors from around the world will take part in the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz thanks to the support of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Foundation under the Leadership of Ronald S. Lauder. They will join a group of Survivors from Poland. more
Over twenty million PLN for the development of the Visitor Service CentreThe significant financial support will help to develop the infrastructure for providing services to visitors to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial. The agreement between the Museum and the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Foundation for the transfer of $5.5 million for the project was signed in New York more
"Through the lens of faith." Exhibition about spirituality in the tragic world of Auschwitz.The exhibition "Through the Lens of Faith", prepared by the Amud Aish Memorial Museum in New York and designed by Daniel Libeskind, is presented in front of the main entrance to the Auschwitz Museum. more
The grand anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz next yearThe year 2019 will be dedicated to preparations for the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the German Nazi concentration and extermination camp, which will be commemorated on 27 January 2020. A special team organizing this unique event will begin work right after the 74th anniversary. more
- Record attendance and change of terms of booking from January 2 – personal entry cards for all visitors
- Over one million followers of the Auschwitz Memorial on social media
- Together with Survivors – January 27th all over the world!
- Forbidden Art exhibition on display at the National Liberty Museum in Philadelphia
- 27 January: the 75th anniversary of liberation of Auschwitz in live TV broadcast
- Over 100,000 visitors of the exhibition about Auschwitz in New York. The exhibit extended until August 2020.
- An exceptional collection of paintings by former prisoner Edith Hofmann now in possession of the Memorial
- On January 27 the world will be listening to the voice of the Auschwitz Survivors
- A new perspective for education at the Memorial. Adaptation work has been completed at the new seat of the Education Center.
- Exhibition on the history of the Auschwitz camp opened in Guernica, Spain