January 27: the world will honor the Victims together with Survivors120 Auschwitz and Holocaust Survivors from around the world will take part in the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz thanks to the support of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Foundation under the Leadership of Ronald S. Lauder. They will join a group of Survivors from Poland. more
Over twenty million PLN for the development of the Visitor Service CentreThe significant financial support will help to develop the infrastructure for providing services to visitors to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial. The agreement between the Museum and the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Foundation for the transfer of $5.5 million for the project was signed in New York more
Roma and Sinti Genocide Remembrance Day75 years ago, on the night of the 2nd to the 3rd of August, the German liquidated in the Auschwitz II-Birkenau camp so called family camp for the Gypsies (Zigeunerfamilienlager). About 4.3 thousand children, women and men, the last Roma prisoners in the camp, were murdered in the gas chambers a more
“Auschwitz - Never again! – Really?”. Summary of the international educational conference“Auschwitz – Never again! – Really?” – was the motto of the conference which took place from 1-4 July 2019 at the Auschwitz Memorial. The topics of lectures and discussions concerned education in the context of preventing genocide and crimes against humanity. more
"Through the lens of faith." Exhibition about spirituality in the tragic world of Auschwitz.The exhibition "Through the Lens of Faith", prepared by the Amud Aish Memorial Museum in New York and designed by Daniel Libeskind, is presented in front of the main entrance to the Auschwitz Museum. more
The grand anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz next yearThe year 2019 will be dedicated to preparations for the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the German Nazi concentration and extermination camp, which will be commemorated on 27 January 2020. A special team organizing this unique event will begin work right after the 74th anniversary. more
- Together with Survivors – January 27th all over the world!
- Forbidden Art exhibition on display at the National Liberty Museum in Philadelphia
- 27 January: the 75th anniversary of liberation of Auschwitz in live TV broadcast
- Over 100,000 visitors of the exhibition about Auschwitz in New York. The exhibit extended until August 2020.
- An exceptional collection of paintings by former prisoner Edith Hofmann now in possession of the Memorial
- On January 27 the world will be listening to the voice of the Auschwitz Survivors
- A new perspective for education at the Memorial. Adaptation work has been completed at the new seat of the Education Center.
- Exhibition on the history of the Auschwitz camp opened in Guernica, Spain
- “Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust at Authentic Memorial Sites...” - post-conference publication
- The story of Captain Witold Pilecki at the Brandenburg Gate